Getting Started-Adoption Application
Welcome to Heart to Heart Adoptions! We look forward to working with you. Following is the process to apply with our agency.
1. Review the Eligibility requirements and Fees then complete the Application, and mail or scan it to us (We prefer you don’t fax the application as it is very difficult to read.).
2. Complete or send us a current adoptive home study, along with the supporting materials.
- If you have a current home study, please ask the agency or individual who did the home study to e-mail or mail an official copy of it to us.
- If you don’t have a home study and live in Utah, one of our social workers can do it for you. Please call the Adoptive Family Support line at 866-712-3678 or the office at 801-838-8007. Cost is $750 for a complete home study and $250 for an update. Most home studies are good for a year.
- If you aren’t in Utah, you will need to contact a social worker in your area to help you. For some areas we can make recommendations.
Along with your home study, we need copies of the following documents:
- Background Criminal Investigation (BCI’s) checks for anyone in the home over 18.
- Child and Adult Abuse Checks for anyone in the home over 18.
- Color Copy of Drivers License Front and Back
- Copy of Medical Insurance Card
- Medical Clearances for everyone in the home.
- Birth Certificates for Adoptive parents (and children if available)
- Marriage License, and any Divorce Decrees if applicable
- 3 Letters of Reference- 1 relative and 2 non relatives.
3. Create Your Profile (the profile is what we use to present you to birth mothers) and send us 3-5 copies. (For help on this, please see “Creating Your Profile” or call us.)