Welcome to Heart to Heart Adoptions! We look forward to working with you. If you are ready to begin an adoption, the following is the process to apply with our agency.
Eligibility for Adoption
Couples should be married for at least two years and have a stable marriage. Single parents are welcome, though opportunities to place with them are fewer.
- Individuals should exhibit high moral standards, be emotionally stable, and have good parenting skills.
- Applicants should be between the age of 23 and 50 years old, be in good physical health.
- Individuals should have sufficient income to care for their family as well as pay the adoption costs.
- Individuals must clear a criminal and child abuse background screening.
- Individuals must have a favorable current adoptive home study.
- Adoptive families must have health insurance that will cover the child they hope to adopt.
- Adoptive families with more than four children are discouraged as they are seldom chosen by birth parents.
- Adoptive families must be willing to have their children immunized.
- Additional items may be required by other states if you are living outside of Utah.
Step 1 - Complete the Home Study
Complete or send us a current adoptive home study, along with the supporting materials.
- If you have a current home study, please ask the agency or individual who did the home study to e-mail or mail an official copy of it to us.
- If you need a home study contact a social worker in your area to help you. We provide Home Studies in Utah.
- If you want Heart to Heart to complete your home study, call the Adoptive Family Support line at 866-712-3678 or the office at 801-838-1008. In Utah, the cost is $750 for a complete home study and $250 for an update. Most home studies are good for a year.
Download the Home Study Packets below ONLY if you want Heart to Heart Adoptions to complete your Home Study.
Step 2 - Submit the Application
Download and complete the Application then mail or scan it to us. A non-refundable application fee of $500 can be sent with the application or paid for on line using the links below.
Step 3 - Pay Application Fee
Expectant parents: There are no fees for expectant parents placing a child for adoption.
Heart to Heart Adoptions is a not-for-profit organization, and strives to keep cost down while assuring the birth parents are cared for. We also let adoptive families know all costs up front and don’t add on fees after a match. Fees include all costs of caring for the birthparents. The only additional fees include legal or medical fees if necessary, which are paid to a Third Party Provider.
|Home Study Update||$250-$450|
|Placement Fee||$46,000 (includes all overhead, marketing, birth parent expenses.) Grants provided for families with financial need.|
|Post Placement Visits||$150 per visit|
All fees paid to the agency will roll to a new situation if the placement fails. Fees to Third Party Providers (even if paid through the agency) are refundable only if the provider agrees.
Heart to Heart is committed to assuring that all birth parents have a chose of families to choose from and that each child has a home to go to. Consequently, the agency subsidizes the adoption fee for some situations.For more information – Select Refund Policies.